It’s officially summertime and I’m an oily skin girl in NYC. If you’ve never been just know that’s a deadly combination due to NYC’s INSANE humidity in the summertime. In the past I have struggled to maintain a flawless makeup look for more than a couple of hours due to not being able to combat sweat, humidity, and my oil glands. Are you anything like me and need help? Here is my foundation routine that will show you how to keep your oily skin matte this summer:
Here are the tips I highlighted in this video:
- Keep your moisturizer light and give it time to absorb. I used H2O Plus’ Oasis Hydrating Treatment because it has a gel like consistency and is light but will help your skin not attempt to overcompensate for moisture. I let this absorb into my skin for about 20 minutes before moving to the next step.
- Prime your skin. I went for a primer that has a matte finish but isn’t overdrying and isn’t silicone based, the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer. I love the finish it gives my skin and it also has SPF 15 as an added bonus!
- Set your primer with powder. This is the step that will give your foundation longevity. Locking in your primer before applying foundation makes a world of a difference! I used the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder in Medium Deep.
- Apply a long-wearing foundation. This is self explantory. If you want your makeup to last, use one that’s supposed to last. I used the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in the shade Truffle.
- Highlight with concealer. I used LA Girl Pro Concealer. These concealers are good quality and wear long on the skin.
- Blend, blend, blend. I recommend blending out this concealer with a brush first and then with a damp Beauty Blender.
- Set your face. I set my concealer with the Sacha Cosmetics Buttercup Powder and set my foundation with Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder in Medium Deep.
Now go out and slay without breaking a sweat! How do you make your makeup last longer in the summer?