#GOALS Are You Achieving Yours?
It’s already the beginning of February, one month into 2016 and I can’t help but think: what the heck did I do this year so far? I ended 2015 on a very high note and in great spirits but about two weeks in I managed to find myself highly unmotivated. I strayed from my plans to get more in tuned with my spiritual life, be more organized, work harder on my fitness, post more blogs and videos and hone in on what it is that I truly want to do with my life.
Well, NO MORE. After a week of being extremely under the weather, I’ve had a bit of a reality check and have decided to get it all the way together. Life’s too short to waste time forever–I’m ALL for taking a break but when I was forced to do so for an entire week and noticed how much time I chose to spend binge watching all three Law and Order’s, Hit the Floor and much more, I realized that it was all just a
I could have managed to work on one of the many ideas I’ve had on the back burner for a while or perhaps do what I’m doing right now, write. I realize now more than ever that productivity is always the better choice. Trust me, if you find yourself being idle more than anything else make a change starting now. Write your goals out or if you already did, revisit them and take action. You’ll thank me later.
Here are some of my goals that I plan on achieving this year:
- Actively enjoy life more: I’ve been trying to distance myself from my homebody ways and do more outside of my comfort zone.
- Read more: I finished one book completely, slacked a bit on the second one but plan to complete it by next week.
- Budget better: I’m glad to say I have been saving way more than I have been spending thus far this year. I hope to continue in this vein.
- Give more love to my online presence i.e. my YouTube channel and blog. I’m starting fresh right now. 🙂
- Get my driver’s license: My road test is scheduled for March 11.
- Find a happy place in my work life: I’m a bit of a work gypsy, always ready for the next position, I’m hoping to grow and thrive where I belong professionally this year.
- Work on and adapt and overall healthy lifestyle: I have slimmed down a bit from my heaviest weight ever this past year but there is so much more for me to do. There will be more on this in a future post.
These goals are some of many on my list. I plan to write updates on my progress every few months.
What are some of your goals for the year? What steps are you taking to achieve them?
photo credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/24545931@N00/4616977944″>One Day..</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/”>(license)</a>